We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through junior college as well as a growing suite of corporate learning and professional education products. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
PR / Media Relations Specialist
The public relations specialist will be responsible for helping to shape and promote the Study.com brand and increase positive awareness of the company, our products and our mission. You will be responsible for building and maintaining media relationships with TV, radio, print, and online media outlets.
Candidates MUST have extensive experience with pitching and media outreach, as well as already established relationships with both local and national reporters.
You should be an excellent writer and communicator, as you will be responsible for overseeing communications to the media including preparing pitches, articles, press releases, and other content. In addition to media coverage, you will also be researching and monitoring industry trends to identify publicity opportunities as they emerge. This is an excellent opportunity for an experience PR to make a real impact.
- Strategy - Help formulate communication and media relations strategy to gain high-visibility placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Media relations - Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within media as well as manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Content creation - Write press releases, byline articles, presentations, interview talking points and related marketing content.
- Thought leadership - Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness, establish CEO as thought leader and expert source through bi-lined articles, interviews and speaking engagements.
- Crisis management - Present solutions in times of PR crisis
- Monitor - Track traditional media coverage and social media mentions and communicate results to team.
- Research - Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and research so you can make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy.
- 3-5 years of work experience in public relations with a proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Established relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Experience in corporate communications, project management a plus
- BA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
Why work for Study.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 30+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments